Dialogue 1
A:Flight BE 407 to Rome is delayed. Will passengers please wait in the lounge?
飞往罗马的BE407航班推迟起飞。请乘客在休息室等候。
B:Oh, how annoying!
噢,真烦人!
A:The time of departure will be announced as soon as possible.
起飞时间将尽快通知。
B:It’s infuriating! I have to be in Rome by five.
真气人!我得在5点以前到达罗马的。
Dialogue 2
A:We’re supposed to check in at the Air China’s counter 30 minutes before take-off, Joe.
我们得在起飞前30分钟到中国国际航空公司柜台前检票,乔(人名)。
B:Yes, I know. The boarding time on the ticket says 17:05, and now it’s 16:15. I guess we have plenty of time.
我知道。机票上写的登机时间是17点5分,现在是16点15分。我看我们的时间还很充裕。
A:Do we need to show our ID cards when checking in?
检票登机的时候要出示身份证吗?
B:Yes. It’s essential.
当然,这是最基本的。
A:What about our luggage?
我们的行李怎么办?
B:We can check it and hand carry the small bags. And we have to open each for inspection.
行李可以托运,小的包裹随身带着。我们还得把每个包裹都打开以供检查。
A:Are they going to frisk all the passengers?
他们要搜查每个乘客的身体吗?
B:I think so. We certainly don’t want a highjack to happen on the plane today.
我想是的。我们当然不希望在今天的飞机上发生劫机事件。