【A】
May:I want to keep a pet, do you know where can I buy one? 我想养宠物,你知道哪儿有卖的吗?
Edward:There are a lot of pet markets in Beijing. What kind of pet do you want? 北京很多宠物市场的。你要养什么?
May:A dog, a cat or something. 小狗小猫之类的。
Edward:There is a Guanyuan pet market not far from here, it's famous for fishes and birds with a long history. 离这儿不远有个官圆花鸟鱼虫市场,有名的老鱼鸟市场。
May:I don't want fishes or birds. 我要的不是鱼和鸟。
Edward:There are also some dog markets. However, I suggest you buy one online. 也有犬类交易市场啦。不过,我建议你在网上买。
【B】
May:These days, I've been too busy to take my puppy to be vaccinated. 最近忙的都没时间带狗狗去打疫苗了。
Edward:I can help you out; I'm free this afternoon. 我帮你带它去打吧,反正我下午没什么事儿。
May:Thanks so much! She needs to go to the vet to get a rabies shot. 太好了,那就拜托了,让兽医给它打个狂犬病疫苗吧。
Edward:How old is she? Are you sure she's old enough? 它多大了,到时间打疫苗了吗?
May:I think so, she's four months old. 应该可以吧,已经四个月大了。
Edward:OK. Do you have an appointment? 好的。你有预约吗?
May:No, I don't…but there's a clinic right beside the Bank of China. Is it OK if I pay you when you get back? 没有。中国银行旁边就有一家宠物医院。回来再给你打疫苗的钱行吗?
【C】
May:I hate pets in my complex. 我讨厌我们小区的宠物。
Edward:Why? 为什么?
May:Because they make a mess everywhere. 到处都是它们的粪便。
Edward:Yeah, and they are inclined to carry germs. 对哦,而且它们还容易携带病菌。
May:So the owners should look after their pets and not disturb everyone else. 所以这些宠物的主人应该看管好自己的宠物,不要影响到其他人。
【D】
May:What a lovely puppy! Is this yours? 好可爱的小狗啊!这是你的吗?
Edward:Yeah, I got it from a friend of Li Mei's. 嗯,我从李梅一个朋友那儿抱来的。
May:How long ago was that? 你养了多长时间了?
Edward:Only two weeks. Should I register for it? 才两个星期。需要去登记吗?
May:Of course. You need to register it with the police station to get a license and dog tag for it. 当然。去派出所登记一下,领张《养狗许可证》和狗牌就行了。
Edward:How much is the registration fee? 登记费是多少?
May:1,000 yuan. 一千块。