【C】
A: What's up?
最近忙什么呢?
B: I want to invest in stocks to make a quick buck.
我想炒股,尽快赚点儿钱花。
A: Really? I'm trading also. So which company are you going to invest in?
是吗?我也一直炒呢。那你打算买什么股?
B: I think Baidu looks promising, so I 'm going to put all my money in it and make a big profit.
我看好百度,打算把钱都放在上面,大赚一笔。
A: What? All of your money? Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You need to diversify your portfolio.
什么?都投在上面?千万不要孤注一掷。你应该做多样性的投资。
B: Really? Thanks for letting me know.
真的?多谢你告诉我这些。
【D】
Shirly:How are your stocks doing, Jim?
你的股票怎么样了,吉姆。
Jim:Oh, all right. I lost a bunch of money in the last two years, but this year has been pretty good.
哦,还可以。我去年这两年赔了一些钱,但是今年很不错。
Shirly:Yeah. I lost money investing in the Internet, too.
是的。我投资因特网也赔了一些钱。
Jim:Just goes to show that you should buy companies, not ideas.
这说明你应该投资具体的公司,而不光是一些概念。
Shirly:I changed my strategy around too. I invest in good companies now.
我也改变了我的策略,我现在投资前景好的公司。
Jim:Yeah, me too. Did you hear about Frank?
是的,我也是。你知道弗兰克的事情吗?
Shirly:No, what happened?
没有,怎么了?
Jim:He lost his kids’ college money day trading.
他做生意把孩子上大学的钱赔了。
Shirly:Oh, boy. His wife can’t be happy about that.
哦,天。他的太太听了肯定会不高兴的。