【A】
Jimmy:What a beautiful sweater!
真漂亮的毛衣!
Susan:Do you think it looks good on me?
你看我穿着好看吗?
Jimmy:Yes, and it goes beautifully with your pants.
好看,而且和你的裤子很配。
Susan:You won't believe it, but it was really cheap. I got it on sale.
不会相信,它真的很便宜。我在减价时买的。
Jimmy:I wish I could find one just like it.
我也能找到这样一件就好了。
【B】
John:Where did you take your wedding pictures? They're fabulous.
你们的婚纱照在哪儿拍的?真好看。
Lily:In Beidaihe. You know, it has the most beautiful sea.
北戴河。那里的海景最漂亮了。
John:It's amazing. Why didn't I notice such a beautiful seascape the last time I was here?
太美了。我上次去那儿玩的时候,怎么没发现有这么美的海景。
Lily:Well. The photographer knows when the sea is the most beautiful.
这你就不知道了吧。摄影师知道什么时候海景最美。
John:I see. I will go there to take wedding pictures when I get married.
原来如此。我结婚时,也要去那儿拍婚纱照。
【C】
Lucy:There were a lot of people in the audience watching the ping-pong match yesterday.
昨天乒乓球赛的观众可真多啊!
Adam:It's really surprising that a small ping-pong ball could attract so many people.
说也奇怪,一个小小的乒乓球怎么会吸引这么多观众呢?
Lucy:It all depends on the players' skills.
这全靠运动员的技术啊。
Adam:But it's hard to train a player to become excellent. They need to start from childhood.
不过培养一个优秀的运动员很不容易,要从小时候开始培养。
Lucy:I played ping-pong when I was a kid too. I can still play now.
我小时候也练过,现在还能打几下呢!
Adam:Let's play together some day.
哪天我们俩也练练吧。
【D】
John:Have you heard that the I'm losing my manager position?
老板要免掉我的经理职务,你听说了吗?
Wenny:Huh? I didn't hear that.
是吗?我还不知道。
John:Don't pretend anymore. I know it was you who made trouble for me. If you weren't so devious, the talks between our company and our partner wouldn't have failed, and I wouldn't be demoted.
别装了。我知道是你捣鬼。要不是你做了手脚,我们的这次谈判就不会失败,我也不会被撤职。
Wenny:Do you have any proof? If not, don't be ridiculous.
你有证据吗?没证据就别胡说八道。
John:Proof? Look at these pictures and tell me that's not you. You leaked company secrets to our competitor in order to defeat me.
证据?你看看这些照片上是不是你,你为了打败我,竟然泄露消息给我们的竞争对手。
Wenny:That's impossible. How did you get these pictures?
不可能,你怎么会有这些照片?
John:Well, the day has eyes, the night has ears. I wonder what our boss will think if he sees these.
哼,若要人不知,除非己莫为。不知道老板看了这些照片,会怎么想。
【E】
Serenity:This dining hall is the worst ever.
这个食堂最差劲了。
Dan:Yeah, they raised the price, and the food there still tastes like garbage.
是啊,他们说涨价就涨价,东西还难吃得要死。
Serenity:And they never deal with our complaints.
也从不理会我们的投诉。
Dan:Nope. I heard that nearly 2000 students have signed a petition showing our dissatisfaction with the food, price and service.
就是。我听说有将近两千个学生在请愿书上签名了,表达我们对食物、价格和服务的不满。
Serenity:Do you think it will work?
你说这能管用吗?
Dan:Many hands make light work. I think this could force them to improve a little.
众人拾柴火焰高嘛。我想总能让他们改进一点儿吧。
Serenity:I hope so.
希望如此。