【A】
May:What do you think of that net bar?
你觉得那个网吧怎么样?
Denny:I think it's good, because I can watch a lot of movies there.
很好啊,有很多电影看。
May:Which movie would you recommend I watch? I'm on my way to that place.
能不能推荐个电影?我正要去那个网呢。
Denny:"The Trueman Show" starring Jim Carrey. It's really a classic.
金•凯瑞主演的《楚门的世界》,真的很经典。
【B】
Lily:Do you think I look fashionable in this dress?
你觉得我穿这件衣服怎么样?时尚吗?
Adam:I think so. Blue is still very fashionable at the moment.
时尚啊。蓝色还是挺流行的。
Lily:This style came out last year, and I'm not sure whether it's still fashionable this year.
可是这个款式是去年的。我担心今年可能不流行了。
Adam:I think this kind of dress will stay in fashion for a few more years.
我倒觉得这种裙子会再流行几年。
Lily:You think so? OK, I'll buy it.
是吗?那我就买这条了。
【C】
Lily:Are you free this weekend? I want to go shopping.
这周末有空吗?我想去购物。
Adam:OK. Is there anything that you want to buy?
好啊,你有什么要买的吗?
Lily:Nothing in particular. I just haven't gone shopping for a long time.
也没什么特别要买的。我就是好久买过东西了。
Adam:Me neither. Where shall we go?
我也是。那咱们去哪儿逛呢?
Lily:What about going to Nu Ren Jie? There are a lot of clothes stores there.
去女人街好不好?那里卖衣服的小店特别多。
Adam:OK, I haven't been there before. When do you want to go?
好啊,我还没去过女人街呢。你想哪天去呢?
Lily:Saturday, then we can rest on Sunday.
周六吧,这样周日还可以休息。
Adam:Where do you want to meet up?
你想在哪儿碰头呢?
Lily:At the Dongzhimen subway station. It's near Nu Ren Jie.
在东直门地铁站里碰头吧。那儿离女人街很近。
Adam:Alright, see you then.
好,到时见喽。
【D】
Lily:Whenever I come to visit, he is always watching TV.
我发现大卫是个电视迷,每次我来,他都在看电视。
Adam :You're really observant. He can't help but watch some TV during meals or before bed. He's even watching the soccer game as we speak.
你观察得挺准。他吃饭时,睡觉前几乎都离不了电视。这不,咱们这说话呢,他又在看足球比赛了。
Lily:Oh, he was watching a soccer game before too.
哦,原来是在看球赛啊。
Adam :Yeah. When a soccer game comes, he doesn't even eat or sleep.
是啊,一遇到球赛,饭可以不吃,觉可以不睡。
Lily:My husband is the same way. He likes watching soccer so much that it's almost like a lover!
我老公也一样,看得如痴如醉的,跟足球谈恋爱得了。
Adam :I can't understand why they're so crazy about soccer.
我就是不理解他们怎么对足球这么着迷?