【A】
Jack:Good morning!
早上好!
Ann:Good morning! You look tired.
早上好!你看上去很疲惫。
Jack:I couldn't sleep last night.
我昨晚睡不着。
Ann:Why?
为什么?
Jack:I worried about the finals.
我担心期末考试。
Ann:
Which subject?
哪科? Jack:
All of the subjects. I skipped so many classes.
所有科目。我逃了很多课。
Ann:Don't worry, you still have time to prepare the finals.
别担心,你还有时间备考。
Jack:It is said that there's a "Never Fail Gate" at the Wuhan University of Science and Technology. Many students go through the gate and take a photo with it. Maybe it could help me pass the exams.
听说武汉科技大学有一座“永不挂科门”。很多学生从“永不挂科门”中穿过,或合影留念。或许它能帮我通过考试。
Ann:Well, that's just a gate made of snow and a piece of cardboard. You'd better review your lessons before the exams.
那只是有积雪和一张纸板搭建而成的门而已。你最好还是在考前复习一下你的功课。
【B】
Lu Yuan:I can't believe our boss is making me work together with Mike.
老板居然让我和迈克共事,难以置信啊!
Edward:Why not? He's very experienced.
怎么了?他非常有经验的。
Lu Yuan:But he looks like a jerk.
可他看起来很傻。
Edward:Don't judge a book by its cover. Do you know his experience?
不要以貌取人。你知道他的经历吗?
Lu Yuan:No, not a thing.
不,一点儿也不知道。
Edward:He has been working here since his graduation from Harvard University ten years ago.
从哈佛毕业后,他就一直在这里工作,都十年了。
Lu Yuan:Wow!
哇!
【C】
William:Oh you look awful! What’s the matter?
啊呀,你的气色看上去很差,怎么了?
Susan:Tom: Oh! I feel really under the weather. I’ve got a sore throat and a bad cough.
哦!我感觉实在很糟。我的喉咙肿痛,咳嗽得也很厉害。
William:Yang: Oh dear. Maybe you’ve caught a cold.
不得了,你可能得了感冒了。
Susan:Tom: Yes, I’ve had lots of overtime to do recently and I haven’t slept much at all.
是的,我最近总是加班,一直都没能睡多少觉。
William:Yang: Well then, you should get some rest this weekend and don’t go out drinking.
那你这个周末可要好好休息一下,别出去喝酒了。
Susan:Tom: Yes, I think you’re right!
对,我觉得你说得没错!