【A】
Linda:I was laid off, so I won't be here next Monday.
我被解雇了,所以下周一我就不来了。
Ben:I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry, everything will be fine.
真替你难过。不过别担心,一切都会好起来的。
Linda:I'll be OK. You just keep up the good work, all right?
我会没事的。你还要继续好好儿工作哦。
Ben:Ok, if you need any help, just give me a call.
好的。如果有什么需要帮忙的就给我打电话。
Linda:I will. Take care.
好的,你多保重。
Ben:Bye.
再见。
【B】
Ben:Look. Another coworker is leaving.
看。又一个同事要走了。
Linda:Yeah. This is the tenth one this week.
是啊。这都是这周第十个了。
Ben:Why is the company laying off so many employees?
公司为什么要裁这么多员工呢?
Linda:It's because we're down-sizing.
因为我们要缩减开支。
Ben:I think that's just an excuse they want us to believe. There must be something else going wrong within the company.
我觉得这就是借口,只是想哄过咱们而已。公司内部一定有些其他问题。
Linda:Maybe... Oh, get back to work! The boss is coming this way.
也许吧……哦,赶紧回去工作!老板来了!
【C】
Ben:Do you know that our company is going to lay off some employees?
你知道我们公司要裁员了吗?
Linda:Yes, I have seen the notice.
知道,我看见通知了。
Ben:Ah, I'm afraid of being laid off.
哦,我好怕被解雇。
Linda:Take it easy. But we do have to work harder.
别紧张。但是我们真的要更加努力工作了。