【A】
Edward:Thanks.
谢谢。
Mary:Take it to the administration department.
再交到行政部。
Edward:I see. All right, I have finished.
知道了。好,填完了。
Mary:Yes, and the reason for your overtime work in the specified space.
对,在空白处写加班理由。
Edward:Hello, I want apply for overtime work during the weekend.
您好,我想申请周末加班。
Mary:You'll need to fill in this form.
那您填一下这张表格吧。
Edward:OK, so all I need to fill is the name and phone number, right?
好,只填姓名和电话号码就行吧?
【B】
Edward:Why are you working so late?
你怎么还没下班?
Laura:I'm preparing the documents for tomorrow's meeting .
我在准备明天开会的资料。
Edward:Do you need any help?
需要帮忙吗?
Laura:No thanks, I can do it by myself.
不用,我一个人就够了。
【C】
Mary:How many hours a week do you work in the States?
你们在美国一周工作几小时?
Jimmy:Normally, forty hours a week from Monday through Friday. But working hours vary according to the company.
正常的工作时间是每周周一到周五总共40个小时。但是工作时间因公司而异。
Mary:What if you work more than forty hours a week? Do you get paid?
如果超时怎么办?有钱领吗?
Jimmy:Certainly. Most workers get paid by the hour and if you work more than forty hours or on weekends you get paid overtime.
当然。大部分的员工都是按小时计酬,如果工作超过40个小时或周末上班,都可以拿到加班费。
Mary:That sounds a pretty fair system.
那似乎是个公平的制度。
Jimmy:Except if you're in a high position. Most company executives cannot receive overtime pay.
职位高的除外。大部分公司的经理是拿不到加班费的。