【A】
William:How are your Chinese lessons going?
你的中文课进展得如何了?
Susan:Oh I’m learning very slowly. I think Chinese is more difficult than English.
噢,我学的非常慢。我觉得中文比英文要难学。
William:Well I guess you have fewer characters but I think Chinese grammar is easier.
我想英文里的字母是更少一些,不过中文里的语法更容易一些。
Susan:Maybe, but I think people usually learn English more quickly than Chinese.
也许,不过我认为人们学习英文一般都比中文要快。
William:Yes, I guess basic speaking is easier.
是,我想在基本会话方面可能确实是更容易一些。
Susan:Maybe that’s why your English is better than my Chinese.
也许这就是为什么你的英文比我的中文要好。
【B】
Jim:How was the examination, Wang Fei?
王菲,考的怎么样?
Wang Fei:Not too bad. I think I passed all except English. The questions were too difficult for me. How about you?
还可以,我想除了英语都能及格,英语题太难了。你怎么样?
Jim:I don’t think the English paper was difficult, but I’m afraid that I failed mathematics. The last two problems were really not easy. I’m sure I’ve got a low mark.
我倒认为英语卷子不难,可我担心我的数学不及格,最后两道题真不容易,我肯定分数高不了。
Wang Fei:Oh, cheerup! Maybe we didn’t do that badly.
噢,别灰心,说不定还不会那么糟吧。
Jim:I hope not.
我希望不那么糟。
【C】
Jim:How are you getting along with your English?
你英语学得怎么样?
Li Na:Too bad,I’m afraid.
恐怕不怎么样。
Jim:What’s your trouble?
有什么困难?
Li Na:I have great difficulty in spelling. It’s very hard for me to remember so manydifferent words,especially some long ones.
我在拼写上困难很大,记不住那么多不同的单词,尤其是那些长单词。
Jim:Well,if you do your spelling accordingto rules of the pronunciation,that’ll be much easier.
如果你有按发音规则去记单词,可能会容易得多。