Dialogue 1
A:Would you mind doing something for me?
你不介意帮我做点事吗?
B:I would if I could.
没问题,只要我办得到。
A:Will you please explain the meaning of this word?
请你为我解释一下这个字的意思好吗?
B:Yes, with pleasure.
好的,很乐意。
Dialogue 2
A:Could you come and spend the weekend with us?
你能来跟我们一起共度周末吗?
B:Oh, I’m afraid I can’t. I’ve had a date already.
啊,恐怕不行。我已经有约在先了。
A:That’s too bad!
真是可惜!
B:Maybe some other time.
下次好啦。
Dialogue 3
A:Excuse me; could you lend me some of your records?
打扰一下,请问您能借给我一些你的磁带吗?B:Until when?
到什么时候?
A:Until Monday or Tuesday of next week.
到下周一或周二。
B:No problem.
没问题。
Dialogue 4
A:I was wondering if you'd let me stay here for a few days.
不知道你是否能让我在这里呆几天。
B:It really depends on when and how long.
这取决于什么时候和多长时间。
A:Until next weekend, if that's OK.
如果可以的话,呆到下周末。
B:Let me think it over, and I'll let you know later.
让我考虑一下,一会告诉你知道。