【A】
Edward:How did you get home?
你怎么回的家?
May:At first, I planned to take a train. But then I decided to take a plane because of the blizzard.
本来是要坐火车,可是因为雪灾,就改坐飞机啦。
Edward:Oh, the traffic was backed up by the snow.
唉,雪灾弄得交通都瘫痪了。
May:Yeah, and more than 100, 000 people's trains were delayed at the Guangzhou Railway Station.
是啊,广州火车站滞留了十几万人呢。
Edward:How lucky you were!
那你还真是幸运呢!
May:Yeah, I was luck to be able to get plane tickets and not have to wait at the train station.
是啊,能买到飞机票,不用在火车站里等真是够幸运的。
【B】
Edward:Will you go home during the Spring Festival?
你今年过年还回家吗?
May:Yes, I've bought a train ticket to go back to Hunan.
回,我买好回湖南的火车票了。
Edward:Isn't the transportation a mess because of the blizzard?
因为雪灾交通不是都瘫痪了吗?
May:The major roadways are back to normal, but it'll still take a long time to get home from the Changsha Railway Station.
主要交通线已经恢复正常了,不过到了长沙火车站,还得要很长时间才能到家。
Edward:Why's that?
为什么啊?
May:Because the ice on the road hasn't totally been cleared away.
因为马路上的冰还没完全清除呢。
Edward:Well, have a safe trip, then!
祝你一路平安喽!
May:Thank you.
谢谢。