【A】
Tom:Sorry. I didn’t mean to be lateR. Can I come in?
抱歉。我不是故意迟到的。我能进来吗?
Teacher:What’s your excuse this time?
你这次的借口是什么?
Tom:Have I used the one that my sister is sick?
我已经说过我妹妹生病这个理由了吗?
Teacher:Yes, twice last week.
是的,你上周就说过两次了。
Tom:Are you sure? I thought I said it was my mother.
您肯定吗?我觉得我说的是我妈妈生病了。
Teacher:I don’t think so. But it could’ve been.
我可不这么认为。不过也许是吧。
Tom:Well. You can trust me this time. My sister is definitely sick. I’m just coming from the hospital. They say she might even die.
嗯,这次您可以相信我。我妹妹真的病了。我刚从医院回来。他们说她有生命危险。
Teacher:I don’t buy your story. Try not to have any more sick relatives this week, all right?
我才不相信你的鬼话呢。这周尽量不要再有其他的亲戚生病了,好吗?
Tom:I’ll do my best.
我尽力吧。
Teacher:Just try to be a little more punctual in the future.
以后要准时点儿啊。
Tom:I’m working on it. Really!
我正在努力呢。真的!
【B】
Amy:Graham, why are you always on the phone with Jane?
格雷厄姆,你为什么总是和简打电话?
Graham:Because we are partners in our science lab. Why are you so jealous?
因为我们是科学实验室里的搭档啊。你干嘛这么猜忌啊?
Amy:The other night when you came home there was lipstick on your right cheek. How do you explain that?
前两天的晚上你回家的时候,你右脸颊上有个口红印,你怎么解释?
Graham:My aunt Mary just flew in from Cleveland and she laid one right on my right cheek.
我姑姑玛丽从克利夫兰乘飞机来了,是她在我右脸颊上留的。
Amy:Are you sure?
你确定?
Graham:Of course I am. I only love you, Amy.
我当然确定了。我只爱你,艾米。
Amy:Okay, I’m sorry. I believe you.
好吧,对不起。我相信你。
Graham:Why do you always accuse me like that?
你为什么总是那么指责我啊?
Amy:Because you are the most handsome boy at the university and I love you so much! I guess I just go crazy sometimes. That’s all.
因为你是这所大学最帅的男孩,而我又那么爱你!我想有时侯我只是爱你爱得发疯了,就这些原因。
Graham:Oh, Amy. I am the luckiest guy in the world.
哦,艾米,我是世界上最幸运的人了。
Amy:Why?
为什么?
Graham:Because I am loved by the most beautiful girl in the world!
因为我被世界上最漂亮的女孩爱着啊!
Amy:Oh. Graham. I love you so much and I really believe in our love.
哦,格雷厄姆,我是那么爱你,我真的相信我们的爱情。