【A】
Jack:How's your summer vacation?
你这个暑假过得怎样?
Ann:Well, totally good! I went to Disney! Oh, did I miss something when I was not here at the summer school?
嗯,超级棒!我去了迪士尼!哦,我没有去暑假补习班,有没有漏掉什么事情?
Jack:Yes. Johanna had moved, and she's not going to come back to our school anymore.She had a party when it was the last day of the summer school.
是啊。Johanna 搬家了,而且她不会再回到我们学校上课了。暑假补习班的最后一天,她组织了一个派对。
Ann:What! I couldn't believe it that I didn't make it! Oh, I wish I didn't go to Diney!
什么!我竟然没有赶上!哦,我真希望我没有去迪士尼!
Jack:Oh well, it already past. You can have a party with her if you want to. Even she's not coming back to school anymore, on weekend you still can call her and meet her.
唉,都已经过去了。如果你想的话还是可以和她一起开派对。虽说她不会回学校了,但周末的时候你还是可以打电话给她然后约她出去。
Ann:You're right! Thanks, now I feel much better. I will call her this weekend and meet her.
你说的对!啊,谢谢,我现在心情好多了。我这个周末会打电话给她,然后约她的。
Jack:Okay, and if you can, call me, too. I want to see her again.
嗯。还有,假如可以的话,也打个电话给我吧。我也想再见她一次。
【B】
Mary:Hi, Tony. You look unhappy. What’s wrong?
嗨,托尼。你看起来不高兴。怎么了?
Tony:Oh, Mary. I made a big mistake.
哦,玛丽。我犯了个大错。
Mary:What happened?
发生什么事了?
Tony:I really wish I hadn’t done it.
我真希望我没那么做。
Mary:What on earth? are you talking about?
你究竟在说什么呢?
Tony:I got caught cheating. I feel so ashamed. The teacher saw me and told me I failed.
我考试作弊被抓了。我感觉太丢人了。老师看见我了,还告诉我这次考试不及格了。
Mary:What were you thinking?
你想什么呢?
Tony:You know my father. If I fail, he’ll kill me. I have to do well.
你知道我爸爸的。我要是考试不及格,他会杀了我的。我必须得考好才行。
Mary:But what you should do is study hard.
可是你应该做的是好好学习啊。
Tony:I know…I know…it’s all my fault. I feel awful that I didn’t study, and I cheated, and I got caught.
我知道…我知道…都是我的错。我不学习,还作弊,结果还被抓了,这真是太糟了。
Mary:So long as you learn from your mistakes.
只要你吸取教训就好了。
Tony:I know. I feel like a failure. My father is going to be so disappointed when he finds out what I’ve done.
我知道。我觉得自己太失败了。我爸爸要是知道我做了些什么的话,他一定会很失望的。