11. 打电话 (Making telephone calls )
A. Hello! May I speak to Tom? 喂,请找汤姆接电话,好吗?
Hello! I’d like to speak to Mr. Green. 你好,我找格林先生。
Is that Liu Ying speaking? 你是刘英吗?
Extension six two two six, please. 请接分机6226。
Can I leave a message? 我能留个口信吗?
I’ll call back later / again. 我等会儿在打过来。
I’ll ring him / her up again. 我再给她打电话。
B. Hello! This is Mary speaking. 你好,我是玛丽。
Hello, who is that? 你好,你是哪位?
Hold the line, please. 请稍等。
Just a moment, please. 请稍等。
Hello, who’s speaking? 喂,你是哪位?
Sorry. He / She isn’t here right now. 对不起,他 / 她现在不在这儿。
Can I take a message? 我能稍个信吗?
Sorry. I can’t hear you. 对不起,我听不清。
The line is bad / busy. 占线。
I couldn’t get through. 电话打不通。
Sorry, I’m afraid you have the wrong number. 对不起,恐怕你打错电话了。
12. 就餐 (Having meals)
A. Would you like something to eat / drink? 你想吃 / 喝点什么?
What would you like (to have)? 你想吃什么?
Would you like some more fish? 你想再吃一块鱼吗?
Help yourself to some fish. 请吃鱼。
Which do you prefer, rice or noodles? 米饭和面条,你更喜欢哪样?
What would you like to drink, tea or coffee? 你想喝什么,茶还是咖啡?
B.
①Yes, I’d like a drink. 我想要杯饮料。
I’d like rice and chicken. 我想吃米饭和鸡肉。
Just a little, please.只一点点。
Can I have some more soup? 我能再喝点汤吗?
It’s so delicious. Thank you. 谢谢,非常好吃。
I prefer noodles to rice. I like green tea. 我想吃面条,而不吃米饭。我想喝绿茶。
②No, thank you. I’ve had enough. 谢谢,我够了。
I’m full, thank you. 谢谢,我吃饱了。
It’s very delicious, but I can’t eat any more. 非常可口,但是我不能再吃了。
13. 就医 (Seeing the doctor)
A. What’s the matter? 你怎么啦?
What seems to be the trouble? 好像出了什么毛病?
Do you have a fever? 你发烧吗?
How long have you felt like this? 像这样子有多久了?
It’s nothing serious. 不是很严重。
Take this medicine three times a day. 这要每天服三次。
You’ll be all right / well soon. 你很快就会好的。
Give up smoking and keep on taking more exercises. 戒烟坚持多做运动。
B. I have a headache / cough / fever. 我有点头疼 / 咳嗽 / 发烧。
I feel terrible / bad / horrible / awful. 我感觉很不好很可怕 / 糟糕。
I don’t feel well. 我感觉不舒服。
I’ve got a pain here. 我这儿有点痛。
It hurts here. 这儿疼。
I don’t feel like eating. 我不想吃。
I can’t sleep well. 我睡不好。