1. Welcome back to…
eg. Welcome back to school/the factory. Welcome back home.
2. It is much better than having class.
3. Some of the apples are hard to reach.
4. Work must come first.
5. The other students in the class keep their eyes closed.
6. You had better stay at home.
7. You'd better stay at hom, hadn't you? You'd better not stay at home.
8. Walk(Go) along/down the road/street, and take the first turning on the left.
=Turn left at the first turning.
9. We live in a place named Da Lian.
10. I like to keep busy.
11. Better late than never.
12. There was a telephone call for you. Here is a letter for you.
13. Thank a lot/very much/you for asking me to your party.
14. Which is the way to….? = How can I get to/reach/arrive in(at)/find….?
15. It's too dangerous to cross the street.
eg. He is too young to go to school. = He isn't old enough to go to school. = He is so young that he can’t go to school.)
16. the Read family = the Reads = Mr. and Mrs. Read
17. the way you speak.
18. He is on a visit to England.
19. Come out for a walk in the park.
20. I can wear it in my new hat.
22. It was a pleasure (for me).= With pleasure.
21. The book cost me five yuan. = I paid five yuan for the book.
23. We won't go until we get it back again.(Wait until we come back)
24. Chocolate is good for your heath
25. Do you think it is good to do some housework?
26. Either mum or I cook supper.
27. Neither Dad nor my brother helps.
28. Why don't men do a bit of housework?
29. May I take your orders now?
30. Could we have the bill?
31. China is very famous for its food in the world. The poem was famous as Li Bai.
32. Take the second turning on the left= Turn left at the second crossing.
33. Either (Neither) of the answers is right.
34. I like the film, and so does he. (He likes the film. So he does.)
35. We have to get up early in the morning = We have to be up early in the morning.
36. How did he make the baby stop crying?
eg. I saw her go into the house. Let me go.
37. He told me not to bring you anything?
38. finish+ doing enjoy +doing be busy +doing practise +doing feel like+ doing… have fun doing sth. Can't help, be worth
eg. He finished doing his homework. We are busy making some kites.
We are going to have fun learning and speaking English this term.
39. stop doing sth./stop to do sth. remember doing sth./remember to do sth. forget doing sth./forget to do sth.
eg. She stopped crying. She stopped to cry.
I forgot doing my homework. I forgot to do my homework.
40. There are three girls walking in the park.
41. We are going to have fun learning and speaking English this term.
42. They have (get) some problems (difficulty) (in) doing sth.
43. I don't know where he comes=I don't know. Where does he come?
44. he get up early yesterday morning?
45. Why don't you wait for me here? = Why not wait for me here?
46. He likes swimming in summer. He likes to swim.
47. He found it very difficult to sleep. I think it very important to learn English well.( make,feel)
48. I little (never,) dreamt of (about) seeing you here.
49. I little (never) dreamt that I saw you here.
50. I have been to the factory. He has gone to the factory.
51. I have been in the factory for two years.
52. It takes/took/will take sb. st. to do sth.
eg. It took me an hour and a half to work out the difficult problem.
It takes me one and a half hours to go to school on foot.
53. I have two brothers. One is a worker.. The other is a doctor.
54. There are lots of children playing in the park.
Some are singing. Others are playing games.
55. There are fifty students in our class. Thirty are girls. The others are boys.
56. Let's make it 8:30/a little/a bit earlier
57. He is as tall as I/me. He doesn't run as/so fast as I/me.
58. He is interested in the film. The film is interesting.
59. Not everyone likes sandwich.= Everyone doesn't like sandwich.
Everyone likes sandwich. No one likes sandwich/None(None of them) like(s) sandwich.
60. I don't think he is right, is he? He doesn't think you are right, does he?
( think, guess, except, suppose, imagine, believe.)
61. There is little water in the bottle, is there/There is a little water in the bottle, isn't there?
There are few books on the table, are there? There are a few books on the table, aren't there?
62. Do you have one more to say? There are another three mooncakes left. Do you have one more to eat?
63. The lights are still on. He must be at home, isn't he? He must have come here yesterday, didn't he?
64. Do you mind my opening the door?
65. Everybody is looking forward to May Day with great joy.
66. He can't help crying.
67. I am a student , aren't I?
68. What's he?=What does he do? = What's his job?
69. Jim is short for James.
70. Help yourselves to some grapes and watermelons.
71. We often go on a picnic/our first field trip/a long journey to the west of China.
72. I often see some students at school talking to each other in English.(see, find, watch, hear)
73. Sometimes we find them driving the tractors on the farm.
74. I think every minute counts.
75. He was unhappy, wasn't he?
76. He used to get up early, didn't/usedn't he? He didn't use to get up early.
Did he use to get up early? = Used he to get up early?
He is used to getting up early, isn't he? He isn't used to getting up early.
77. He eats too much food so he grows fatter and fatter. The book is much too expensive.
78. Give me a book=Give a book to me. Show him a spade = Show a spade to him.
(tell, hand, bring, return, send ,leave, offer pass, cause)
79. Buy me a book=Buy a book for me. Get me an apple.= Get an apple for me. take sb. sth.= take sth.for sb
80. He who does not work neither shall he eat.
81. I'll have/get my hair cut.
82. Will you please say it again more slowly?
83. The wall needs/wants painting. The wall wants to be painted.
84. What can I do for you?= Can/May I help you?
85. Hurry up, and you'll get there in time.= If you hurry up, you'll get there in time.
86. Hurry up, or you'll be late for school. = If you don't hurry up, you'll be late for school.
87. Neither answer you have given is right.
88. Lin Tao didn't know anything about it, neither/nor did Tom.
89. I didn't know anything about it. Tom didn't know anything about it, either.
90. He has come here, and so have I. I have also come here. I have come here, too
91. He goes there, and so do I. I also go there. I go there, too.
92. He is a student, and so am I. I am also a student. I am a student, too.
93. In Britain, sales of cigarettes have been reduced by 30% in the last ten years.
During the past two years, I have learned 2000 English words
94. The number of the students has reached 1700.
95. A number of the students have come here already.
96. It's a mistake for you to go there at night.
97. It's very kind of you to help me.
98. The number of the students has reached 1700.
99. A number of the students have come here already.
100. It's a mistake for you to go there at night.
101. It's very kind of you to help me.
102. What's wrong with you? = What's the matter with you? = What's your trouble?
103. He comes from Hennan.= He is from Hennan.
104. What's the time? = What time is it (by your watch)?
105. Whose shirt is it? = Whose is this shirt?
106. I can't help laughing at the news.
I can’t help to carry that heavy box for you.
107. I regretted saying so much words at the meeting.
I regretted to tell you about it.
108. I tried making the kite yesterday.
I tried to work out the maths problem yesterday.
109. You must keep your son from going there.
You can't keep your mother waiting there so long.
110. She preferred singing to dancing.
She preferred him to go home.
She preferred to stay at school rather than go home.
She preferred to go shopping after school.
111. I spent two days in doing my homework.
I spent five yuan on that book.