1. That man was________enough not to tell the manager that he would not do the job.
A. care B. careful C. careless D. carelessness
2. The soldier died for saving the child，so his________ is heavier than Mount Tai.
A. die B. dead C. died D. death
3. The child looked________at his brother who was badly wounded.
A. sadly B. sadness C. sadly D. sad
4. He is an expert at chemistry. We all call him a ________.
A. chemistry B. chemical C. chemist D. physician
5. The three- ________chair isn’t suitable for a young child. He may fall off.
A. legging B. legged C. legs D. leged
6. Stephenson became the________railway engineer in the world.
A. lead B. leader C. leading D. leadership
7. When the teacher praised him for working out the maths problem，Jack looked________about at his classmates.
A. proud B. proudly C. pride D. pridely
8. To everyone’s ________，the girl finished the job quite well.
A. satisfied B. satisfactory C. satisfying D. satisfaction
9. —What are you doing here?
—Oh，my teacher asked me to write a passage about ________in English.
—You can write________passage in English?
A. 600 words；a 600-words B. 600-word；a 600-words
C. 600 words；a 600-word D. 600 words；a 600-words
10. No one should enter the spot without the________of the police.
A. permit B. permission C. permitting D. permittence
11. You must come with us to the police ________. Our head is waiting for you.
A. headquarters B. headline C. headmaster D. headache
12. Letting that animal escape was no accident；you did it ________.
A. intend B. intention C. intentionally D. intentional
13. The shop owner welcomed all the guests with a________smile.
A. practice B. practise C. practical D. practiced
14. The________ordered him to pay a $100 fine.
A. judger B. judgment C. judge D. judgement
15. My TV is out of order. Can you tell me what is the________news about Iraq War?
A. lately B. latest C. later D. latter
16. The Great Wall is more than 6000 li in ________.
A. longer B. length C. long D. longing
17. To my ________，I passed the exam easily.
A. joy B. joyful C. joyless D. joyness
18. Canada is mainly an________country.
A. English-speaking B. speak-English
C. spoken-English D. English-spoken
19. How________ he is! He is always acting________. He is really a ________.
A. foolish；foolishly；fool B. fool；foolish；fool
C. foolish；fool；fool D. foolishly；foolish；fool
20. The necklace that she lost is very expensive. It’s of great ________.
A. valuable B. value C. valueless D. unvaluable
21. There were________fish in the river in South America.
A. in danger B. danger C. dangerous D. dangerless
22. The letter “b” in the word “doubt” is________.
A. sound B. silent C. silence D. sounded
23. The child looked at me________.
A. stranger B. strangely C. strange D. strangeless
24. The black people were against slavery and fought for their________bravely.
A. free B. freely C. freedom D. frees
25. What you said sounded________ but in fact it was untrue.
A. reasonable B. reasonful C. reasonless D. unreason
26. We have to learn________technology from other countries.
A. advance B. advancing C. advantage D. advanced
27. The children live in a village ________. They come here almost every day.
A. nearby B. near C. nearly D. near by
28. Mr Black is an ________in the army，not an________in the government. You can not easily find him in his________.
A. official；officer；office B. officer；office；official
C. official；official；official D. officer；official；office
29. You’d better give up smoking if you want to keep ________.
A. health B. healthy C. healthily D. healthier
30. ________ speaking，I didn’t do it on purpose.
A. Honestly B. Honest C. Honesty D. Dishonest
1-5 BDACB 6-10 CBDCB
11-15 ACDCB 16-20 BAAAB