Dialogue 1 看牙医 (At the dentist’s)
A:I have a terrible toothache.
我牙痛得厉害。
B:Which tooth is it?
哪颗牙?
A:(Pointing) This one here.
(指指)这一颗。
B:Ah, yes. There’s a big cavity.
啊,是的。有个大洞。
A:Can you fill it?
能补吗?
B:I’m afraid not. The tooth is too far gone. It’ll have to be taken out.
恐怕不行。坏得太厉害了。只好拔掉了。
A:Then I might as well have it out now.
那还不如现在就拔呢。
B:You’d better wait. The gums are swollen. Take the medicine I prescribe and come back in three days.
还是等等吧。牙床肿了。吃我给你开的药,三天以后再来。 (鲍勃在呻吟) (Bob groans)
A:What’s the matter, Bob?
鲍勃,怎么啦?
B:I think it’s my ankle.
我把脚扭了。
A:What happened?
出了什么事?
B:One of my snowshoes got caught on a rock.
我的一只雪鞋绊在石头上了。
A:Can you stand?
你能站起来吗?
B:I don’t think so. It’s kind of sore.
我不行。挺疼的。
A:We’ll have to get you to a hospital for an X-ray.
我们得带你去医院拍个片子。
B:Is that really necessary?
真的有必要吗?
A:It may be worse than it seems.
你的脚扭伤可能比想象的要严重。