Dialogue 3
A:Did you lock the doors?
你把门都锁上了吗?
B:All except the back door. I left that open for Tim. He took the dog for a walk.
除了后门都锁上了。我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗散步去了。
A:Well, I’m going on to bed. I’m beat.
嗯,我睡觉去了。我累极了。
B:Okay. I’m going to stay up a while. I’ve got to go over the household budget. We’re a little overspent this month.
好吧。我再呆会儿。我得把家里的账算一算,这个月我们超支了一点。
A:Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement. I don’t want the dog down there tonight.
让蒂姆关上贮藏室的门,我不想让狗今晚跑到那儿去。
B:Okay. Good night. See you at breakfast.
好吧。晚安。明天吃早饭时见。
Dialogue 4
A:This is the last of the milk.
这是最后的一点点儿牛奶了。
B:I know. I intend to go to the store today.
我知道。今天我打算去商店。
A:Would you get some of that new cereal we saw advertised on TV?
您买点儿我们在电视广告上看到的那种新麦片,好吗?
B:Which one?
哪种?A:You know … the one with the silly ad about how vitamins jump up and down.
嗯…,就是那种有一个逗乐的广告,广告上维生素蹦蹦跳跳的。
B:Oh, you mean “KIKIES”?
哦,你说的是KIKIES?A:Yeah. That’s the one.
对,就是那种。
B:Well, I’ll see. Sometimes the stores don’t have some of the new kinds of cereal.
好吧,我去看看。有时商店里没有那些新牌子的麦片。