你猜怎么了? Guess What?
Mack:Guess what, Mom?
妈,你猜怎么了?
Mother:What?
怎么了?
Mack:I got through the exams with flying colors.
我考试高分过关。
Mother:Well done, son! I'm really proud of you.
儿子,干得好,我真以你为荣。
它会咬你 He Will Bite You
Mother:Don't pull the dog's tail!
别扯那条狗的尾巴!
Son:Why? What will happen if I do?
为什么?如果我这样做会怎么样?
Mother:If you pull his tail, he will bite you.
如果你扯它的尾巴,它就会咬你。
Son:No, he won't. I pulled out all his teeth this morning.
不,它不会。今天早上我把他的牙齿全拔光了。
我们订婚了 We're Engaged
Charles:How long have you known each other?
你们彼此认识已有多久了?
Diana :We've known each other since we were kids.
自从孩提时我们就已认识了。
Charles:Has he proposed to you yet?
他向你求婚了吗?
Diana:Yes. In fact, we're engaged.
是的。事实上,我们订婚了。